Wait. What is the Lindon City Drill?
14 years of working together.
- Lindon has a proud history of holding an annual emergency drill where every household participates! We encourage every resident to play their small part. We have close to 90% participation every year!
- learning about the city's primary alert system called "Everbridge"
- checking to be sure 72-hour kits are up-to-date
- becoming familiar with the city's individualized protection plan
- understanding why first responders won't be available to respond to individuals in a mass-disaster in the way residents have become used to
We also employ this method of communication whenever it is critical that every resident gets vital emergency information critical to life safety.
- make a family emergency plan
- practice that plan
- keep a printed list of important phone numbers
- understand the risks of this area and learn how to handle each one
- maintain an emergency kit (72-96 hours of food, water, medications, and vital documents)
- make your home earthquake safe